The South Carolina Military Appreciation Festival at Riverfront Park is a community celebration honoring our active military, proud veterans, law enforcement, fire and rescue and EMS agencies for their commitment and sacrifice.
Open and free to the public, there will be entertainment, food and music with family fun for everyone. The all-day festival begins with the Charleston River Port 10K endurance race followed by a festival celebration with every branch of our military on display or in performance.
With a spectacular view of the Cooper River skyline as a backdrop, this festival will show case military exhibits and interactive displays, with performances and presentations represented by every branch of our armed forces.
Together with displays from law enforcement and emergency fire and rescue agencies, the festival will represent the best of South Carolina and highlight our community support and commitment, all while showcasing the cultural diversity, rich heritage, and spirit of the Low Country and the Charleston Cooper River community.
The branches of the military participating with equipment displays, special performances, and demonstrations include:
· USMC – Static display (aviation, vehicle, and equipment) and performances
· US Navy - Static display (aviation, vehicle, and equipment) as well as local NROTC groups
· US Army/ SC National Guard - Static display (aviation, vehicle, and equipment) and
The 246 Army Band.
· US Air Force - Static display (aviation, vehicle, and equipment) and
NE Air National Guard Band.
· US Coast Guard - aviation
And numerous other veteran and civil service displays